Friday, June 29, 2012

A Weekend Away


Last Friday, I did a very difficult thing...I left my baby girl for the weekend. Although I did shed a few tears while I was packing up her bags, I knew she'd be in good hands. And of course she has a great weekend with my coworker Kim and her family! I don't know if she missed us at all :)

Then Saturday morning, we flew to Kentucky with Sam and Jenny for Brian and Karly's wedding. The short flight was in a, to quote myself "tiny ass plane," but the ride was thankfully smooth. Then we rented a car, and made the drive to Jasper, Indiana. We made many jokes about how small the town was, but it really was a cute place...but I defiantly wouldn't want to live there. The outdoor ceremony was sweet, despite the heat. I was very thankful that Sam and Jenny came too, because Jenny is pregnant and due in December. So her and I sipped on water, while the boys bellied up to the keg of beer. We also had a good time meeting Mike's girlfriend and catching up with them.



Brian and Karly were of course adorable! We're so happy that our friend Brian found someone who fits with him so well. Karly was gorgeous in her lace wedding dress! After dinner there was dancing, corn hole, and hanging out. Karly never left the dance floor, and Brian ended the night rapping :) Overall, it was a wonderful wedding, and I'm really glad we went!



No comments:

Post a Comment