Friday, December 23, 2011

Countdown to 1st Christmas!

I cannot believe that it is almost Christmas! My parents instilled in me very early the LOVE of Christmas. Christmas carols always playing on the radio, constant rotation of treats through the oven, and decorating the house like we owned a Christmas novelty shop. Poor Tim has embraced my sometime annoying holiday spirit, and laughs as I try to pass down my good tidings to Elliot.

As a kindergarten teacher, we are always doing crafts this time of year. So I was in a particular ambitious mood when I decided my 9 month old was ready for some crafts. I was ready. Paint, wet wipes, glitter, markers, and a naked baby looking at me like a crazy person from her highchair. Elliot let me know right away that she did not appreciate paint on her hand. Baby girl's shrikes could be heard throughout the house. But I was determined to get one holiday craft for her 1st Christmas! Poor baby. Anyway, above you will see the product of our labor... it is a hand print Christmas tree. After our crafty adventure, Elliot took a long nap :)Elliot loves daycare, and I adore the lady who runs it! She had all the kids, including my baby, make adorable Christmas crafts all month! Yesterday, Elliot came home with a wreath made out of her tiny hand prints, a Santa she colored, and a photo album of Elliot during their little holiday party. I almost cried, I was so happy. Elliot also brought home her own gingerbread house which proudly adorns our kitchen windowsill :)I am so excited for Elliot's 1st Christmas! Of course, 80% of the presents under the tree are for her...but I wouldn't want it any other way. Tim's family (mom, step-dad, and brother) are joining us this year :) Stay tuned for more pictures...probably next week. Have a very merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment