Friday, December 30, 2011

A Very Merry Christmas: Part 1

Tim and I have established, with the blessing of our families, that we will no longer travel over the holidays. So this year, Tim's family (mom, step dad, & brother) joined us for Elliot's first Christmas! They arrived just in time to join me in one of my favorite traditions, making Christmas cookies. We had so many sweets covering our breakfast table, that the cookies actually hardly got touched. Elliot was a big help in the kitchen :) She made sure that the spatulas were accounted for. (And no, she is not eating dough, those are baked apple pieces).
On Christmas Eve, Tim took his family into DC to see the monuments. Elliot and I stayed at home and enjoyed a quiet morning. That afternoon, we had an early Christmas and Skyped with my parents! We love Skype! The grandparents were able to watch Elliot open their presents and chat with us for a long time :) Her favorite present from them was the jingle bell attached to one of the bows.
That night, we all went out to our favorite Thai restaurant, Thai Shirlington. We bring all our guests here. It's amazing! Elliot spent most of the night flirting with a boy baby at the booth behind us. I think she's already giving her daddy some gray hairs...After dinner, Tim, Elliot, & I snuggled up on the couch to read "Twas The Night Before Christmas" (my mom made Elliot a recordable version). Then I sent our darling baby to bed with belly full of warm milk and visions of teething in her head (yes her top two teeth came in, so needless to say it was not a silent night).

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment