Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sooner rather than later...

Today I had my 36 weeks exam. The midwife and I talked about the usual "so how are you feeling?" I told her that I thought I was feeling contractions the last two nights. She casually did an exam, and then looked at me really surprised. "Your due date is the 27th right?" she asked. "Yes" I slowly answered. Well it turns out that I'm already 1 centimeter dialated and 50 % effaced!!! She said I could go into labor in one day or two weeks, but I will definatly go before my due date!

Needless to say, Tim and I are a little freaked out but a lot excited. We quickly ate dinner, packed our bags, and ran through our registries and picked out some essentials I will get tomorrow. Tim and I decided that she needs to hold out until Valentine's Day. Wouldn't it be nice to have a sweet Valentine's baby girl? And Tim said it will make it easy on her boyfriends because they can combine gifts :)

So, we'll see how many posts I get in before she arrives...

No comments:

Post a Comment