Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First Mother's Day!


I had a WONDERFUL first Mother's Day! Tim surprised me with a clean kitchen and a yummy breakfast of mimosas, coffee, cinnamon rolls, and eggs... all of my favorite breakfast foods. After I devoured everything, I opened cards and gifts.Tim and Elliot got me a box of delicious petit fours and a Willow Tree figurine. I sent Tim the link of the figurine, as a subtle hint, a few weeks before. It is of a mother and child in a rocker underneath a quilt. I adore it because it reminds me of when I rock Elliot to sleep twice a night :)
After I took a nice long shower, which was also a gift, we got ready and headed out for lunch. I received gift cards to The Cheesecake Factory from my class, so I thought Mother's Day was the perfect time to put them to use. I'm not a fan of their huge portions, but I love their desserts. Apparently, everyone in Arlington had the same idea because the place was packed! Tim and I dinned on cocktails and salads, and of course got some cheesecake to go. As she normally does, Elliot woke up midway through lunch and did not appreciate being in the carrier. But a quick bottle from Mom put her at ease. The Reynolds girls love their beverages :)
Thank you to my amazing husband and beautiful baby for a memorable Mother's Day! Love you!

Since I know most of you read this blog to see pictures of Elliot, here are some fun ones from the week...

Going for a walk with Daddy. Tim bought her this adorable sun hat. It's a little big, but it does the job. Elliot got lots of compliments that day!

What a look?! Elliot has already mastered the art of the "Are you kidding me?!" eyebrow lift. That's my girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment