Thursday, May 26, 2011

3 Months Old And Loving It

As mentioned before, Elliot turned 3 months old on Tuesday. It is amazing how the third month really marks a baby! She coos and smiles all day long, well except for when she's hungry, then she screams like a banshee. Elliot is so incredibly sweet when she wakes up in the morning. What could be better than a big smile and little giggle to say "good morning" ?! Elliot is learning to enjoy the world beyond Mommy's arms. She enjoys her little gym in the afternoons and the bouncy seat in the bathroom while I take a shower. However, held by Mommy while being entertained by Daddy is how she would prefer to spend her days. Tim has a special way of lighting her up with joy and scareing the crap out of her. We recently discovered that she is not ready for Tim's extreme facial expressions during peek-a-boo.

At 3 months, Elliot is even more long and lean. I took her to the dr today because I was concerned about her weight gain. She gets only breast milk, unless I've had wine with dinner then she gets one bottle of formula. We discovered that she is 24 in long (80th percentile) and 10.4 lbs (10th percentile). Of course being on two extremes concerned me, but our wonderful pediatrician put me at ease. She said that Elliot is healthy and strong in every way, and this month she just devoted all her growing to her length. She also said that it is better and healthier for babies to be long and lean rather than too fat. So with a great sigh of relief, I let go of my worries to make room for the new ones I'm sure will arise soon :)

A big milestone for Elliot is her sleeping. Our good girl is now sleeping...drum role please...7 hours straight at night! Getting my first good night of sleep was like drinking the first glass of good wine after being pregnant, I didn't know how much I missed it! Her sleep schedule is not solid yet, but hey we're working on it. I feed her, rock her, and put her down around 8-8:30 pm. Then Tim and I get the sacred adult time until 10:30-11pm when we go to sleep. Baby girl usually wakes back up for a feed around 3:30 am and then 6:30 am. So we're down to one feed during the night, which I have a feeling might phase out as soon as she gains more weight.

Thank you for reading my long blog entree this week, here's your reward:

No comments:

Post a Comment