Friday, June 10, 2011

Just a little busy


Sorry I haven't posted in awhile! I think about it daily, but for some reason life gets in the way. Funny how that always seems to happen...

Things are getting busy as the end of the school year approaches and we get ready for summer. Elliot and I have swung by school a couple times to help out with the end-of-the-year preparations; however Tim has to remind me that I am on "leave without pay"and I shouldn't do too much.

One task that I've been dreading for months now is finding a daycare for Elliot in the fall. I return back to work at the end of August, and since good daycares are a hot commodity, I knew I needed to get on the ball. So after a tearful start, I called 10 daycare facilities and Elliot and I visited 4. My favorite one was the gorgeous facility that had everything a nervous new mom could want, but it was just a tad expensive. If you call $2030 a month a TAD expensive!! I mean what could they possibly be doing to cost that much?! Are they going to have Mother Teresa's ghost watch my child? Needless to say we did not pick that center. Instead we signed Elliot up for an in-home daycare only 2 minutes from my school! It came highly recommended and was within our budget. I feel like a giant weight has been lifted that I found a wonderful place for my baby girl.

So now we get ready for Florida! We leave Wednesday and return Monday. We have a lot of things planned, including Elliot's baptism and reception, but are also leaving room for relaxation. Tim and I are going to stay 2 nights at a beachfront hotel so we can have a mini vacation and be adults. When we return I will have loads of pictures to share :)
To all my Florida friends: I am going to try my best to see a lot of you!

See you again in a week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment