Sunday, January 9, 2011

33 Weeks

Today marks 33 weeks! This means that we officially have less than 2 months to go...holy crap! I feel the same way I did just before our wedding...more stress than excitement but trying to cherish the time. I had a melt down yesterday when I realized this will be the last 7 weeks when it will only be Tim and I! So we spent the day window shopping while sipping coffee and treating ourselves to a nice lunch. We ended the afternoon with a trip to Babies R Us. We spent half an hour in their rocking chairs having a good conversation about finances and logistics. I was very thankful to the employee who let us just hang out.

On Tuesday, I had another checkup. Everything is looking good! Little Miss is measuring on target and moving a lot. I usually gain about a pound a week, but with the holidays that went up a bit. I've gained a total of 20 pounds since my six week appointment. I'm hoping to not exceed 30 pounds, because anything past 20 pounds is mine to loose. One of the midwives I have seen several times is wonderful! I told her about how I'm stressing out, and she gave me a quick free sonogram. I got to see Little Miss and her chubby cheeks, which quickly put me at ease :)

On Thursday, Tim and I went to our first of two child birthing classes. Our class is the express class of two three-hour sessions at our hospital. Neither of us wanted to attended the classes that last four to six sessions. So there were about six other couples who are all having their first child. We went over the signs of true labor, when to call your dr, stage one of labor, and some breathing techniques. It was actually pretty good! It wasn't scary, and time went by quickly. Next week, we go over stage two of labor (pushing) and I think we might have to watch the infamous birthing video... yuck!

Next Saturday, my good friend Jess is throwing me my first baby shower! I'm really excited to have some much needed girl time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment