Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Showered with Love

On Saturday, my good friend Jessica threw me a wonderful baby shower! My aunt and six friends came over for yummy food and games. I told Jess that I didn't really care what we played, just not the melted candy bar in the diaper game (gross!). We filled in the blank of nursery rhymes, racked up points in a purse scavenger hunt, and tried not to say "baby." My favorite was the onezie decorating contest. Each lady decorated a white onezie with puff paint, and they all turned out pretty cute!The day also came with two surprises! Gorgeous long steam pink and red roses delivered from my amazing husband! And my mom attended the shower via Skype! (Thank you again Jess for helping her with that). I know my mom was sad she couldn't be there, but the computer was the second best thing. My dad even popped in for a sec to say hi :)
Then we went downstairs and opened lots of presents! We got various little things, lots of cute girly outfits, the crib bedding, and baby essentials.Brinkley was really excited about all the presents (especially the bows and paper)!This was my piggy bank when I was little, which my mom received at the baby shower for me!
We ended the event with good conversation and a big cookie cake and Jess' famous chess-cake squares.

After everyone left, we had TONS of food leftover. When Tim came home with a friend from watching football at the bar, they were pleasantly surprised by the feast I had out for them! We even had enough food for lunch and dinner with Jess on Sunday, and lunch and dinner on Monday! I'm reluctantly going to take the remaining desserts to work tomorrow :)

PS- Are there enough photos Kendall? Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment