Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Birthday Wish?

Yesterday was my wonderful husband Tim's 31st birthday! He celebrated early in DC with the guys Monday night, and took Tuesday (his birthday) off. Apparently, he spent his special day playing video games, computer games, and eating honey nut cheerios. He's still a boy at heart :)

We celebrated his day with dinner at our favorite steak restaurant Rays the Steaks! If you live in VA and haven't gone, you definatly need to go! It is amazing food, better than Ruths Chris, and a more casual atmosphere. Two dinners and two glasses of wine usually runs you about $100, which is not bad for this area. So enough free publicity... I got my usual filet minon with blue cheese sauce and Tim got the 28 oz porterhouse. The waitress cautioned him about the size, but he was determined. My mid-western husband put that steak away like nobody's business, and shocked the waitress!

After dinner, we headed back home. I quickly made dark chocolate brownies and topped them with mint chocolate chip ice cream, all Tim's favorite desserts. Then we watched a Star Trek marathon... yes Star Trek. He loves it, and it was his birthday :)

As we were getting ready for bed, I remember the weather report of possible snow overnight. I was feeling really pregnant yesterday and wished really hard for a day off to rest, or at least extra sleep in the morning. So I woke up this morning, and what do I see... SNOW! Not a lot here in the city, but enough for a snow day in the suburbs! I couldn't believe it! I read the emergency announcement online at least 5 times to make sure I was correct. So I am writing to you in my pajama's and wishing all my fellow teachers a Happy Snow Day!!

PS- I had an amazing baby shower at school on Monday, so hopefully I'll have pictures to post soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment