Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Girl's Weekend!


While the hubby is away, the girls will play! Tim went to Minnesota for a guy's weekend, so my mom came up from Florida for a girl's weekend. We had a blast! I love that when my mom comes to visit she doesn't have an agenda. She is perfectly happy hanging out at the house as long as she's with us and gets to be Nana. With that being said, we didn't just hang out at the house. My mom, Elliot, and I went for walks, baked yummy treats, drank sangria (just me and mom), bought baby girl some clothes, watched chick flicks, and chatted the nights away. Although Skype is great, you don't really get to see all the little things a baby does during the day that melts my heart. My favorite such moment was the hilarious laughing fit Elliot had when my mom started coughing!

She was also, of course, a big help around the house. My mom either took over certain household duties or entertained Elliot while I did them. Brinkley, our dog, also appreciated the extra attention from Nana! It was perfect weekend filled with lots of love! We agreed that visiting Elliot is good for her health and visit in the fall was in order :)


No comments:

Post a Comment